The state vaccination bus will be in downtown Aspen from Jan. 27 to Jan. 29.
• Roaring Fork Basin snowpack reached 133% of average or 145% of median on Jan. 22, or 12.2 inches of snow-water equivalent.
• Lake Powell’s elevation down to 3,524.2 feet, or 175.8 feet from full pool on Jan. 22
• Air temperatures at ASE keep swinging, from 46° on Jan. 14 to 33°F on Jan. 16 for high temperatures.
• December occupancy reached 55.5% for Aspen and Snowmass combined this year, down from 60.3% last year.
• Snowpack at McClure Pass remains well above average with roughly 155% of average.
• Lake Powell’s elevation is down to 3,524.3 feet, or 8.4 inches below the target elevation of 3,535.
• Snowpack reached 149.1% of average at McClure Pass on Jan. 8.
• Lake Powell’s elevation is 4.8 inches below critical water level.
The concept of RO — housing locals who don’t otherwise fit into the numbered categories and accommodating properties that also couldn’t easily be categorized — is an important one in one of the country’s most robust affordable-housing programs. But, is it working?
The APCHA ownership inventory can be viewed in two market segments. One, with fewer restrictions on owner qualifications and valuations, is managed under the “resident occupied” (RO) category. The second, larger segment, with price caps determined via a set of categories based on buyers’ income and assets, saw median pricing in 2021 that was less than half of the median RO sale price.
• Roaring Fork Basin snowpack reaches 109.7% of average on Dec. 25.
• Ice jam has affected the Fork’s flow below Maroon Creek since Dec. 16.
• Lake Powell’s elevation is 2.4 inches above critical level.
• Overall winter reservations as of Nov. 30 are on par with last year in Aspen and Snowmass.
• Snowpack at Indy Pass reached over 88% on Dec. 19. That’s up from around 81% last year.
• High air temperatures dropped as low as 19°F on Dec. 13, or 12 degrees below normal.
• High air temperatures ranged from 30°F to 45°F in the first week of December.
• The Fork ran at 122% of average below Maroon Creek on Dec. 11 and at 88% of average at Emma.
• Lake Powell’s elevation is two feet above critical level.
• While low temperatures dropped as low as -4°F on Nov. 30, high air temperatures gained 20 degrees in three days.
• Snowpack at Indy Pass was at 93.6% of average on Dec. 4, while it was at 130% of average at McClure Pass.